Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) is a service designed to help you find quality, affordable child care and community resources. Community resources may offer benefits for medical care, housing, food, bills and any other needs you may have. We can help you select a provider who meets your child’s needs and makes you feel comfortable. Enclosed is a list of child care providers and information to help you select a provider. This list was generated based on the information you shared with our staff. Each family’s child and situation are unique. Only you can choose which program is right for you and your child.
We serve Citrus, Dixie, Gilchrist, Levy, & Sumter Counties. Our client services team members are available from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Friday. Our database includes legal providers who have met state and local licensing requirements. We recommend that you make at least one visit before choosing a provider. The following resources will help you learn more about providers.
- Health and safety standards, provider license files, inspection reports, violation history – Visit Department of Children and Families (DCF) at http://www.myflfamilies.com/childcare or contact 850-488-4900 or 352-330-5631 for Citrus & Sumter Counties; 904-485-9586 for Dixie, Gilchrist, & Levy Counties.
- Gold Seal Quality Care – This program recognizes providers committed to providing quality care. To learn more visit http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/goldseal
- Child assessment – Speak with providers about how they assess children’s learning and development, or contact our Education Department at 352-563-9939 or 877-336-5437
- Complaints about providers may be submitted to the Department of Children & Families Child Care Licensing Department at http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/complaint
- To report known or suspected child abuse, visit the DCF Abuse Hotline https://reportabuse.dcf.state.fl.us or call 1-800-962-2873.
Other helpful resources: - Early Learning Coalition of the Nature Coast – www.elc-naturecoast.org or 352-563-9939 - Office of Early Learning – http://www.floridaearlylearning.com or 1-866-357-3239
- Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) and Readiness Rate Information – https://vpk.fldoe.org
- Early Steps – http://www.earlystepsdirectory.com or 1-800-218-0001
- Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System http://www.fdlrs.org or 850-245-0478 (resources for children with special needs)
- Florida KidCare – http://www.floridakidcare.org or 1-888-540-5437 (health insurance)
National Child Care Consumer Education Website, http://www.childcare.gov
If you need another list of providers, or information about VPK or School Readiness programs, please call 352-563-9939 Citrus county; 352-490-5855 Dixie, Gilchrist, Levy counties; 352-793-5430 Sumter county.
Thank you for contacting CCR&R.
If you are dissatisfied with the services you have received, you have the right to submit disputes and/or disagreements regarding these services to the Early Learning Coalition of the Nature Coast. A complete copy of this policy is available in the ELPOP 400.03: School Readiness Parent Handbook, which is available at www.elc-naturecoast.org .
Crystal River Office
|382 N Suncoast Blvd.||117 NE 1st St.||617 S US Hwy. 301, Suite E|
|Crystal River, FL 34429||Chiefland, FL 32626||Sumterville, FL 33585|
|(352) 563-9939||(352) 490-5855||(352) 793-5430|
|(352) 563-5933 fax|
|(877) 336-5437 toll free||(877) 336-5437 toll free||(877) 336-5437 toll free|